thank you for your prayers...

I've been been sitting here for quite awhile... just waiting for the right words to express the depth of thankfulness and joy I feel for being able to simply write on this blog just a week into my recovery. God has been and continues to be my Great Physician. There is no other explanation for what great progress I've made in the last week. God has been with me... I've felt His presence like no other time in my life. There is so much I want to share with you all about this last week, but I'm finding it hard to sit down and express it all. So, I'll probably be giving tidbits over next several weeks of my recovery, sharing what God is doing in my life and the life of my family.

Presently, I'm managing the pain with Vicodin every four hours. I'm not nauseous anymore (praise God!!!!) and I finally feel like myself. There is an 9 inch incision on my back, following the curve of my shoulder blade. According to my sweet nurse who visits daily, the incision is healing nicely. A physical therapist is supposed to start coming to our home this week and I'm excited to start working on getting my strength back.

I cannot begin to tell you how much this blog has been an encouragement to me. It has been so cool to read Peter's entries and the comments that followed by family, friends, and even people I don't know. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.... for going to your knees, for lifting me up when I was unable to breathe a prayer for myself, for taking time to send an encouraging word, for supporting my husband and family through so many sweet words and gestures.

Comments

Melissa said…
Welcome back to your blog, Katie! :) I was so surprised by your voice on the phone the other day, you sounded SO much better. I'm so glad that you're improving so quickly- Yay! :) love you!
casey said…
katie,
I am so happy you are feeling better. You and your family have been on my mind constantly! Thank you God for taking care of my friend Katie, for easing her pain, for healing her nicely, for all her friends and family that are caring and praying for her.
Holly said…
Yeah, Katie! So happy that you feel like you! Can't wait to see you in December!

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!