Recovery-Update 8

This was a tough visit. Katie is not just tired. She is weary. She feels alone and she is in pain. She wants to sleep and she wants more pain medication. Dr.s and nurses don't want her to sleep or get more pain medicine because it will make her even more sleepy, her days and nights will be all turned around and, even more so, her respiratory system slows down. She doesn't breathe as well, as often, or as deeply when this happens.

She has asked for them to wait until the 8 pm visit for them to have her move to the recliner. I'm not sure if they are going to but if they do PLEASE pray for strength for me to be able to handle seeing her in the pain they've been telling me she's going to feel. Last night she was screaming she was in so much pain. I would expect that could be the case here as well. Katie had Elena without any pain medication and she says this is 100 times more painful. I have no comprehension of what that must feel like and makes my consolation difficult.

PLEASE pray for Katie:
1. Mercy from the severity of the pain
2. Courage to do the rehab she has to do.
3. Strength to do the rehab she has to do.
4. Peace in knowing that God is with her. She is not alone.
5. Encouragement to see just how far she's come.
6. To know this will pass. She will get to the other side of this.

Thank you.

Peter

Comments

Debbie G said…
Peter,

I've never met you or Katie, but Dan and Marcia are our deacons at church. I have been reading the blog to keep up to date and just want you to know that I am praying for Katie, you, and the rest of the family. I can't imagine how tough this must be for all of you. I will be praying especially about the pain issues.

Blessings,

Debbie Goodman
Melissa said…
This is my absolute favorite verse and I have leaned on it many times. I pray that Katie would find some encouragement in these words and that a strength she has never known will rise up within her. That she will have determination to get through this and not lose sight of her goal.

Katie, I love you and I'm praying fervently for your pain to be relieved.

Peter, I'm praying that God would give you the physical and emotional strength you need to continue. I pray that he would give you words of comfort and the mercy she needs.

"O Israel, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and now grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
-Isaiah 40:27-31
Katie I'm so sorry this has been so rough for you. We are praying for you and all the nurses and Dr.'s. Even through all of the bodily pain it is so amazing to see how strong your Spirit is. I pray you would know tonight just how strong you are and how many people are continuously praying for your renewed strength!

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!