Recovery-Update 6

Katie was asleep during my 11AM visit with her. It was the most peaceful I've seen her. I just sat with her.

I spoke with her nurse. She said that at 4 PM they're going to have her sitting up in bed to help move blood flow to her lower body in preparation for moving her to the recliner in her room at 6 PM. She said, "it's going to hurt...because of the tubes." Her eyes told me it's going to hurt - A LOT. It's difficult for me to even think about the pain she's going to have to deal with, especially seeing her sleeping so peacefully. They have to keep pushing. It's good for her healing and helps prevent the pneumonia.

God, I pray for mercy for Kate, strength for both of us and cover for healing.

Comments

Ryan "Tank" said…
Hang in there bro. I can only imagine what you are feeling with each passing minute. Rest assured that Katie and you are in our constant prayer. I appreciate teh updates... helps to know what exactly to pray for and how you guys are doing.
Rick said…
I can't remember the last time I prayed at work. I can now. While I know Christ considers all prayers equal, my simple human mind can't think of a better reason to have spent this time for. I've always looked at sports figures as being the strongest....I now have someone else to look to.

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!