Recovery-Update 17 and Peter Signing Out...

It's been exactly one week today since I took over Katie's blog to keep everyone updated on what was going on. It's been a good day. The addition of the advil seems to be helping to relieve that last bit of pain the Vicodin wasn't getting and the generic Zofran seems to be helping with the nausea. We're trying to use it sparingly/as needed only because of how much it will cost to replace. Our home care nurse, Shirley, came by this morning and she re-dressed Katie's bandages and poked a little fun at how over the top my bandage job was :) All I had to go by was all the war movies I've seen and they were pretty liberal with bandaging as far as I can remember! Shirley is going to order up some physical therapy on top of the nursing care she's providing.
Though we're supposed to deal with pain and nausea over then next several weeks I'm believing that God is with us, guiding us, putting people in our path to help us and is using it all for his Glory! Though updates may not be as frequent, I believe Katie is at a place where she can provide posts of her own and so I relinquish the helm back to its captain.
I want to thank everyone for their prayers of encouragement and for their support. This blog served us well in allowing us to share our needs for prayer and allowing us to be encouraged by those reading it.
Before I go, I thought I'd give y'all a few pics of Katie's new ride in action!




Below is Elena demonstrating how she "urges" mom to go faster. Her left hand is resting on the seat where Katie can sit when she needs a break. The seat also has some inserts where the clear, plastic serving tray can be attached as demonstrated on the last picture below.


Thanks again for your continued prayers over the next several weeks of recovery!
Most humbly,
Peter

Comments

Julie said…
It's so good to see Katie smiling & back home! I love the color of the walker- very chic!
Gina said…
so good to talk to you today katie. glad your spirits are up and your are also up and moving!
jen said…
That baby girl of yours is gonna keep you moving! Welcome home, Katie! :) Nice wheels! :)
annie said…
I'm personally digging the socks!
Gina said…
i also just noticed that elena has on a very nice shirt in this pic:).
Morgan said…
I too love the color! Peter, thanks for all the updates, and hey, it's better to be safe than sorry with the bandages, right? :)
Erin said…
Oh, you didn't even mention it was BLUE!! Does it come in pink? Maroon? Decals? Where's my Christmas list...I got somethin' to add!
Thanks, Peter!
Holly said…
What a cool walker! Just think many, many years down the road, you can be the coolest granny on the block! :) I am so glad that you're moving about! :)Hols
It is great to see Katie up and smiling! And I see the walker is filled with Elena's "stash". :)
Unknown said…
I've got my eye on that walker. Just sort of push it to the back of your garage when you're done with it (which I hope is real soon). It's great to see you enjoying yourself (and Elena). Keep up the good work.
Love, dkt
Jenn said…
Yeah, Katie! It's so wonderful to see you up and at'em!
Swan Family said…
Awesome! Katie I am glad you're doing well and up and about. So glad you're home and it's good to see you smiling!
Unknown said…
Thats awesome to see you getting around Katie! Praise God you are recovering well. We will continue to pray for your strength to come back quickly!

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!