Recovery-Update 14

Wonderful news! There's a great chance Katie may be going home today. The surgeon's PA and Katie's cardiologist both think Katie is ready to go home today. We're just waiting to see if the surgeon himself will buy off on it. It's up to Dr. Baldwin now (remember that yesterday he said, "we'll think about Wednesday"). So we walk, eat and wait to hear.

Katie is REALLY missing Elena now. She said she feels disconnected from her and wonders if Elena misses her.

Katie is still dealing with pain and nausea seems more present with the vicodin than with the epidural medication.

Regarding Katie's grandmother: her surgery went well and we hear she is leaving the hospital today as well! God is good!!!

Thanks for continued prayers! Gotta go. Gotta walk the first lap of the day around the floor.

Comments

JP and Dixie said…
Praying that you get to go home and see your precious Elena today! I know that you must miss her terribly. I have been praying that she knows her momma is near and when she sees you it will be as if you were never apart. I know just seeing her will bring such healing and peace to you...
annie said…
Wonderful news! Katie is so strong!!!
Unknown said…
"The Lord gives me strength. He makes my feet as sure as those of a deer and he helps me stand on the mountain." Habakkuk 3:19

The Lord has given you strength, Katie, so you can walk on home to your baby Elena. Go, Katie (and Peter),go!
Much love! dkt
jen said…
What good news! I'm praying for you guys! Enjoy your baby girl and your own bed! :)
~jen johns
casey said…
Katie and Peter,
thank you so much for this blog, it is great to be able to keep up with your recovery, and not bombard you guys with question. Katie, I am praying for you that God eases your pain, and heals you completely!! And I am sure Elena misses her mommy!!
Swan Family said…
We're praying you get to go home soon Katie! Elena will be so excited to see you. Take Care
Morgan said…
That is great news! I know you will feel so much better in your own home. Let me know if you need anything. I mean it!
Élise said…
Katie, you've done very well, in spite of all that has come with this surgery. I know that God will continue to lead and direct your path and not only yours, but those of your family members. I'm so pleased that Laurel has done so well. I do believe the pace maker will be a wonderful asset for her.
There are still hurdles to overcome, but they are fraught with so much joy! Enjoy God's blessing of Elena! And trust God to help you finish all this race!

Much love and best wishes,
Élise

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!