Recovery-Update 2

Just saw Katie for ~20 minutes. She was in a lot of pain. She said earlier she kept saying "I'd rather die!" because of how much pain she was in. They brought a pain nurse. The pain nurse increased the epideral dosage. The pain nurse said that the epideral is to help with the pain she's feeling from the incession. She has a couple of tubes in her to help ensure the blood and other fluid inside her body have a place to drain if there's anything. Those tubes are rubbing against her ribs and kind of grabbing them as they move. This is causing her a great deal of pain in the chest area (outside of the incession area). This is being managed by morphin and other medication through an IV. The increased epideral is having the side effect of A LOT of itching so now they're going to giver her something for the itching. More incession pain = more epideral = more itching. While I was in there the pain had subsided quite a bit and she said she could finally breathe a little.

She asked about what I was putting in the blog and if people were praying. Thanks to your comments I was able to ensure her - everyone is still praying. She was comforted by that and asked me to ask everyone to continue praying. Even though I'm not responding to individual comments I am reading them all and will be relaying them to her. Thank you for your continued prayers.

When I left her, she was dozing off to sleep. It's 4 PM. I'll be able to see her again at 5 PM for 30 minutes.

Comments

Gina said…
praise the lord!!! my prayers have continued throughout the day. please give katie whatever form of a hug you can give her for me.
Tisha said…
Katie,
We have been eagerly watching your progress all day and am so thankful for this blog! God was surely in that OR with you, as He will be now. We are still praying for you.
Tisha (and Karenna too)
annie said…
Devin and I love you bunches! We hope the pain improves. We know you're a tough lady!!!
David said…
Hi, I just got a link to this blog, and while I don't know you or Katie (I live in Alaska) I do know the God we all serve and I am praying that the hand of Jesus would ease Katie's pain and soothe her spirit. I know it must be very difficult for you to see her hurting and I pray that God would give you a peace beyond your understanding. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Eph 3:20 Blessings to you both.
Maria Taylor
Anchorage, AK
JP and Dixie said…
I have had the blog open all day waiting for updates. Let her know we are praying and will continue to pray for a quick recovery. Peter, thank you for keeping us informed on how to pray today.
Carmen said…
I love you Katie, you're so tough, you're gonna get through this. I pray for you through out the day.
"This hope that we have; strong like an anchor, reaches beyond the veil"-Hebrews 6:19 Stay strong!
My love to Peter & Elena as well.
-Carmen
Julie said…
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future" Jeremiah 29:11. This is such a fitting verse (and my favorite verse)....just wanted you to know I've been praying & will continue to do so.
Love- Julie
Hayley said…
This blog is so awesome. Thank you Peter for keeping it up to date. We are so happy that the surgery went well. Praise the Lord!!! We will pray for pain relief and a quick recovery. We love you guys! Hang in there. Dont hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING!!! Lots of love!

Hayley and Solomon
Morgan said…
Love you katie! I will continue to pray that the Lord will ease your pain. Hope to see you soon.
Jenn said…
Katie--please know that we have been praying for you all day, and will continue to for your pain management and recovery. Also know that I've recruited my message board buddies across the country to pray for you as well...
Ryan "Tank" said…
Hang in there and hopefully it only gets better from here. We're continuing to pray for you guys.
WE ARE PRAYING!!
Katie I know you from MOPS and want you to know our family is thinking and praying for you and your family. Hang in there friend, THIS TOO WILL PASS!!!

God Bless you.
Much love and prayers
God be with you dear Katie and Peter. I love you both very much. Thanks to Facebook and Melissa, I discovered your need. I will pray until you are completely healed.
Sharon Tilotta

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!