Recovery-Update 10

Lot's of things have happened since last night. Katie is now out of the ICU and on the Telemetry floor- 5th floor. She's doing very well. Apparently last night she threw up 3 times. They've taken a number of items out of her. She still has the IV meds and the dreaded tubes but when I got here Julie and my sister Melissa were helping her back to the bed using her walker. She had been in the recliner earlier.

She is currently trying to get some sleep as it seems the physical therapists are on the floor, making their rounds. Need to get up some strength for that.

I didn't make it here until ~1:20 PM because I woke up this morning at 6:30 AM to Elena with a horrible coughing sound. When I brought her to lay in bed with me I could hear a really bad wheezing sound. Worse than I've ever heard her before. So, I made an appointment with her pediatrician for 10:30 AM. She didn't have a fever and she was her normal happy, playful self. But she did have a lot of congestion. I was in a bit of a rush packing some for me, Katie, and getting some much need time in with my little girl. The pediatrician said she likely has a cold and it's not a good idea to let her see Katie for at least another couple of days.

I haven't figured out if it's good to tell Katie. Right now I haven't because she's not in a place to visit with her yet. I figure it's probably best to wait and see where Elena is when Katie is ready to see her and approach it at that point.

In addition to continued healing and pain relief for Katie, please pray that Elena will heal in time to see her when Katie is finally up for it. It's something Katie has really been looking forward to.

Comments

Ryan "Tank" said…
Sounds like things are progressing as well as they can be. Continue being that rock for your family, Peter.I'm in awe to see you take each obstacle and push through with the strength of Christ with you. We're still praying for everyone and please keep the updates coming! Tell Katie we all love her!
Still Praying and checking the blog daily! btw - Gmail Chat has a voice and video feature that you could put on your laptop so she can see Elena live! T downloaded it on our computer - got it off the google site I think! :)
Jen said…
still praying and looking forward to hearing more good news.
Melissa said…
Katie is such a trooper! I'm amazed at how strong she is being. Along with prayers for her continued improvement, I'm adding prayer for her nurses. That they would be more compassionate towards her. God is so good!
Praise the Lord that she is out of ICU!! Katie just remember every day will get a little better. We are praying for you tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!