A Dictation from Katie...

Nothing like ice cream at 3 in the morning to boost your spirits! Since arrival at the hospital I've been on a strict (boring) diet. Every time I called to place my order for a meal, I'm - they inform me I'm not allowed to have certain things and I end up ordering boring stuff. I had to wake up for a "pitstop" at 2 and realized that I was really starting to get my appetite back...my sweet tooth back. So when Emily came in to get me back into bed, I asked her if there were any snacks available. She came back in with 7 different selections of sweet things. Not sugar free! The real stuff! So I just finished up a small little cup of vanilla ice cream! It's amazing how such a little thing can boost your spirits.

I don't even know how to begin to thank everyone for your dedication, your committement to pray for me. There is no way I could've made it down these challenging pathways without the support of people on either side holding me up. Many times throughout the last several days I knew that I was physically, emotionally, spiritually unable to carry on. But I felt the presence of God carrying me through your prayers. Again, I am humbled that you would take time to pray for me.

Comments

Allison Roorda said…
I woke up early this morning with you in my thoughts, so have been praying for you specifically to have a noticeable reduction in pain. You have such tremendous support from many folks. I'm sure you can feel this. Thanks for the updates, Peter & Katie. Be strong in the power of His might!
The Fitzsimons said…
As I look out my window this morning I am amazed at the beauty the Lord has made and so grateful that he has had His guiding hand on you, Peter, and your family through this journey. You are an amazing lady. Keep up the good work and know that we are all inspired by your courage, your strength and your faith! K, Stuart & Lannon

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!