insomina & sickness & vacation

It's 12:45am and I can't sleep. The last couple weeks have brought about nights of insomnia and days of tiredness. No fun! I thought I'd make the best of it tonight and finally do some blogging.


Exactly a week ago Elena finished up her antibiotics for her sinus infection. We were so thankful to finally see her back to her normal self. Peter was gone all week on a business trip, so Elena and I camped out at my parents. It was great to have Uncle Mark back in town from college for the holidays. My mom and I had made all sorts of plans --- shopping, baking and Mark even started designing our Christmas card. We ventured to Pottery Barn Kids on Tuesday to pick up a present from Elena's great grandparents... which Elena is going to love (I'm not spoiling the surprise!) All plans came to halt on Tuesday evening ---- Elena had got the bug! The stomach virus that has been going around our area had attacked with full force. She vomited over 15 times in a 12 hour period. Poor baby! It was a very rough night. By the next morning the bug had got me (not nearly as bad as Elena). By that evening, Mark was really sick and then yesterday my mom got it. Elena had been doing better, until this evening when it hit her again. She's presently sleeping... praise God!

I'm praying hard for full recovery of all my family. Its so hard not being able to simply pick up Elena when she's been sick. She is such a brave little girl. After Tuesday night, I have a new little hero to look up to.

In the midst of my battle with the stomach virus, I was miraculously in minimal pain in terms of my nerves and surgery site. I wasn't able to hold down pain meds for a period of time and went almost 24 hours without them! God was so merciful! I'm working on getting on over the counter pain meds and only using Vicodin when the pain is really bad.


On the bright side, Peter is on vacation for 2 weeks!!!! I'm so excited for him. He's been working hard at work and at home. Having a toddler in the house and a mama who can't lift a toddler means... no sleeping in, but luckily Elena takes a long nap in the afternoon, so hopefully he can get some rest in.

Speaking of rest... I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Thanks for the continued prayers. It's a long road to recovery, with lots of ups and downs, but God is so gracious!

Comments

Melissa said…
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Elena had a little relapse. :( That's some bug, huh?!? I'm ready for it to leave our family too (referring to the extended family). I'm praying that we'll all have a much more joyous Christmas this year. Hope you got some rest afterall last night! :)
Swan Family said…
That's yucky. It is no fun when the kiddos are sick. Glad to know Peter will be home! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!