feb update

Somehow it's taken me a whole month+ to sit down and write again. Yesterday I had a Doppler test done and it revealed that I have had an increase in blood flow/pressure to my legs as a result of the surgery. It is not at a perfectly normal level, but my surgeon says that it may take a year or two before that happens. He has seen patients recover to normal levels in their legs. I was pleased to have that good news, especially because I really haven't been feeling that great pain-wise. The first week in January I felt 99% better--- had more energy than I have in years and was so excited for a fresh start, but since that week, I've been experience more soreness and pain. At my appointment yesterday, the Dr. informed me that it could be 1-2 years of intermittent pain, soreness and nerve sensitivity.

AH! I'm fighting the idea of a longer recovery... I don't want to whine... but, I just want to be well again. I'm finding that it is hard to share with people what I'm going through without sounding whiny... it's turning my focus towards prayer. God knows my pain, he knows my every need. I have faith that He will bring me to full recovery... I guess I'm struggling with the patience part.

Well, I can't end on that note, so please indulge me as I share tid-bit on Elena. She is growing up so fast! Her vocabulary blows me away. Sunday I was getting ready to go to church. I was on outfit number three and wasn't sure it was a good pick. I looked at myself in the mirror--- "Is this in style?" I thought to myself. I hear a little voice from the doorway--- "Ooo, Pretty". It's Elena--- my very own toddler fashion consultant! I love having a little girl!

Comments

Morgan said…
i should do better about asking you how you are feeling. you always look ok, so i assume you are feeling ok as well. i am glad the doctor gave you good news, though! elena is such a cutie! 'bobby?'
Swan Family said…
I'm so glad you are on your way to a good recovery! I love seeing you at MOPS. Elena is such a sweetie, it's always fun to have your own stylist huh?? lol

Popular posts from this blog

grand opening

upcoming surgery

hurry up and wait... surgery pushed back 1 day!